- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course will survey theory, research, and practice with regard to human creativity and its development. An especial emphasis will be on how to use research findings in the service of developing your own creativity. Examples of topics will include theories of creativity, research on creativity, improving creativity, mental health and creativity, and the dark side of creativity. There will be special emphasis on designing and interpreting research on human creativity.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: a course in statistics.
Distribution Category (CA-HE, D-HE, KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
Comments Co-meets with HD 4540.Outcomes
- Understand the nature of creativity and how creativity can be studied empirically.
- Understand how to measure creativity.
- Understand how the nature of creativity varies across different historical periods and different cultures.
- Create a term project that seeks to understand an aspect of creativity in depth.
- Understand the relationship between creativity and other psychological constructs, such as intelligence and wisdom.
Disabled for this roster.