- Schedule of Classes - January 20, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 20, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course has two objectives: 1) To explore how Economics can be used to understand global health, and 2) to provide tools and skills for understating global health policy. I emphasize economic models, scientific understating of diseases and the use of quantitative tools for the assessment of global health issues.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 2101 or equivalent. Recommended prerequisite: PAM 3100 or ECON 3140.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS)
- To develop cognitive skill: Evaluate and compare differing social scientific perspectives on global health issues.
- To evaluate current global health policies: Critically assess existing policies on global health and develop empirical and cost/benefit tools to evaluate their impacts.
- To apply evaluation skills to policies: Perform data analysis using Excel and Stata.
- To create professional writing skills: Write reaction papers for an academic audience.
- To develop interpersonal skills: Present, discuss, evaluate and defend supplemental readings in front of a large group.
Or send this URL: