- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
The design of the built environment has the ability to disable or enable us. The status quo is not benign--we currently design using data for people of the highest sensory and ability levels, forcing all others to adapt. Learn to evaluate and design with respect to all people (Universal Design) in the creation of enabling products, buildings, and communities.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (D-HE, KCM-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Develop a paradigm to understand the role of design for older adults.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate literature, expert recommendations, products, and places.
- Apply multidisciplinary perspectives to the environment vis a vis age and ability; including design, construction, environmental psychology, health care, and planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively about the impact of the built environment with respect to age and ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply inclusive design principles to create sustainable built environments.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Savage Hall 200
Disabled for this roster.