- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This fall semester seminar introduces students to the world of professional communication. Students meet communication alumni working in media, technology, public relations, brand management, marketing, and civil services. Students learn about alumnis' roles in the changing professional communication landscape. Students create a resume and learn interview skills, in addition to preparing an ePortfolio. In preparation for a required trip to visit companies in California, the course will cover relevant background information about each company and will include Skype meetings with other communication and media firms.
When Offered Fall (weeks 8-14).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Communication majors.
- Identify the roles of each firm in the communication industry, its challenges, and key drivers for the future.
- Discuss professional opportunities with working alumni through a variety of networking channels.
- Evaluate yourself navigating a career within communication industries.
- Construct and present an ePortfolio which demonstrates key communicative skills.
- Evaluate how communication industries can contribute to sustainable development goals.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- RCaldwell Hall 250
- Oct 15 - Dec 4, 2018
Fall graduating seniors are not eligible to enroll. Students are required to enroll in COMM 4952 during Winter including a trip to California, January 8th through January 11th, 2019.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.