- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Leadership development in a changing technological world presents new challenges. Digital and evolving technologies allow new and creative forms of communication, collaboration and teamwork with increasingly globally located and diverse team members who may work remotely and asynchronously to coordinate information and achieve shared goals. These, along with newer forms of organizational structure and culture and require leaders who lead with integrity and a mind toward creating ethical contexts and communication practices. This course uses discussion, reflective activities, current events, case studies, online interactions, and guest speakers to develop one's own future leadership skills and to communicate leadership ethically and effectively.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: senior standing, upper level Communication majors, or Leadership Minors who have taken LEAD 3100.
Distribution Category (KCM-AG, SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to identify types and theories of leadership in an emerging and advancing technological and global world, and to find one's own leadership style.
- Students will be able to explain how leadership is a communicative action situation, examine cases in the news and real life to use communicative ethics, and develop one's own ethical leadership potential.
- Students will be able to evaluate and differentiate various contributions of individual and cultural diversity to one's teams, organizations, societies and oneself.
- Students will be able to construct an action-plan for leading through ethical communication for the overall good.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWarren Hall 150
Prerequisites: Seniors, upper level Communication majors or Leadership Minors who have taken LEAD 3100
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.