- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Provides a theoretical and practical overview of the audiences, messages, and evaluation of communication campaigns. The course considers common methods of data collection (e.g. in-depth interviews, surveys) and analysis of campaign-related data sources. Specific topics include: (1) campaign goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics; (2) research design and implementation; (3) audience segmentation; (4) message construction; and (5) techniques of evaluation.
When Offered Fall, spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: COMM 2820 or equivalent research methods course and a course in basic statistics.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Students will be able to identify key principles involved with the design, implementation and evaluation of public communication campaigns.
- Students will be able to evaluate existing communication campaigns based on criteria learned throughout the course.
- Students will be able to apply a variety of research methodologies, including unobtrusive observation, in-depth interviews and/or surveys, to inform an original communication campaign proposal.
- Students will be able to apply communication theory to justify and develop campaign messages that are likely to be effective in reaching campaign objectives among targeted audiences.
- Students will be able to synthesize information gained through a situational analysis, communication theory and original research to develop an original communication campaign proposal.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRCaldwell Hall 250
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: The instructor assumes that students have received at least one semester's instruction in research methods used in communication studies (COMM 2820) and have taken (or are currently taking) a course in basic statistics.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.