- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Teams of students operate retail food companies and compete in a computerized simulation of a dynamic and competitive market. Teams develop strategy and make decisions regarding promotional tactics, pricing, labor, procurement, inventory, capital expenditures, dept structure and financing. Results are tracked through the use of financial statements - balance sheets, profit and loss, and cash flow. The team that creates the most equity is declared the winner of the simulation.
When Offered Fall (weeks 1-7).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2210 or permission of instructor. Preferred prerequisites: AEM 2400 or AEM 2420 and AEM 2480.
- Demonstration of the link between operating decisions and outcomes via the use of financial statements.
- Learn the importance of cash flow and cash flow management to the health of the business.
- Learn the importance of forecasting and it's effect on various aspects of the business.
- Provide an appreciation for the complexities of managing a multiple unit food retailer.
- Learn the necessity of organization and effective decision making to the successful operation of a business.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWarren Hall B02
- Aug 23 - Oct 12, 2018
Required prerequisite: AEM 2210 or 2225 or permission of instructor. Preferred prerequisites: AEM 2400 or 2420 and AEM 2480. Enrollment preference given to Dyson students.
Disabled for this roster.