- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Explorations in Analytic Modeling will be developed as a deeper exploration and model based approach to quantitative decision making within a spreadsheet platform. Applied decision making using primarily Microsoft Excel as a business analytics tool will focus on using applied cases requiring various financial and other models. As the course explores models, emphasis will be placed on the exploration and application of the tool to enhance decision making and improve outcomes. This data-driven course will move the student into the most complex functionality available in the Excel platform. Key topics will include: data management, data visualization, financial modeling, forecasting, optimization, pivot tables, and simulation. The course will also employ macro recording with introductory visual basic for applications programming.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2010.
- Apply spreadsheet modeling analysis and decision making to different industries in business.
- Design spreadsheet models for a breadth of business situations and problems.
- Evaluate and understand the concept of data integrity and ethics associated with proprietary data.
- Manipulate large data-sets and explore data management and cleansing.
- Apply logic when making business decisions to solve real world business problems.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient data display with charts and tables through model design and experimentation.
- Infer and predict outcomes using forecasting and trending with financial impact analysis.
- Expand into more complex decision making using multivariable scenarios.
- Create and record Macros and become familiar with VBA language syntax.
Disabled for this roster.