- Schedule of Classes - December 16, 2017 8:04PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 15, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course is an introductory design studio. The primary course objective is to introduce principles of visual literacy as it pertains to two-dimensional and three-dimensional issues in design at all scales. Concepts about representation, expression, composition, color, form, light, structure, and function will be explored through project based learning. The emphasis will be on learning explicit compositional concepts, visualization skills, and media techniques as well as implicit design sensitivities to serve the student throughout the rest of his or her DEA experience and beyond.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: cost of materials approx. $200.
- Develop grounding in the field through the learning 2D and 3D design principles both in theory and in practice (comprehend discipline and field).
- Investigate a number of disciplinary perspectives including painting, typography, mathematics, engineering, architecture, product design, and interiors in the studio projects (apply multi-disciplinary perspectives).
- Apply explicit concepts to creative original works to learn the connections between knowledge, research, and design (think critically).
Combined with: DEA 1101
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWM Van Rensselaer Hall 4101
Permission of instructor is required for non-DEA majors. Enrollment limited. Priority given to DEA majors. Cost of materials: approx. $200.
Or send this URL: