- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Leadership development for Hortus Forum officers, which includes, but is not limited to, learning how to: foster inclusiveness and a healthy, positive social atmosphere among members; promote an interest in plants; communicate and collaborate effectively with greenhouse staff, faculty advisors, and other faculty, staff, administrators and students; and maintain the reputation, continuity and history of a long running Cornell organization.
When Offered Fall, spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: elected Hortus Forum Officer.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Foster a culture of inclusiveness, in which all are welcome.
- Promote an interest in plants, giving plant-based, out-of-classroom exposure to students from throughout the university.
- Work effectively with greenhouse staff to learn how to grow plants from a commercial perspective, maintaining an attractive, safe, clean, well-managed space in the Cornell greenhouses.
- Communicate effectively with a faculty advisor, as well as other faculty, staff and administrators.
- Maintain the reputation, continuity and history of a long running organization.
- Provide an important, healthy, positive social arena for students from throughout the campus community with similar interests.
Credits and Grading Basis
1-2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
Prerequisite: Must be an elected Hortus Forum Officer to enroll. To enroll fill out the Special Studies form available here: http://cals.cornell.edu/academics/registrar/policies/#special-studies.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.