- Schedule of Classes - December 11, 2017 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 11, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Discover the ways in which plants can be used in or as art (e.g., living sculpture, woven branch, and more) and as a subject of art (e.g., botanical illustration, painting, and more). Explore the relationship between plants and art to develop a distinctive lens through which to view the world. Foster keen observation skills and an understanding of the principles of design and presentation in living forms. This course offers a reflective exploration into self, the classroom, our campus community, and the world by engaging with the plant world in a creative context. Requirements include participation in studio, reflective writing and creative project work. Materials fee.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: $35 (materials).
Distribution Category (LA-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Think about it: identify, describe and reflect on contemporary perspectives and historical influences in the art and horticulture arena.
- Look around you: closely observe the plant world, the garden, nature, and our relationship with all of it. Notice the processes happening in the plant world and learn to perceive them more sensitively: growth and decay, the flow of water, the changes of light and the season, and the numerous ways in which plants can be used to influence, or to be made into, art.
- Express yourself: move outside your familiar comfort zone to engage in self-expression, and discover the ways in which creative exploration can positively impact the way you feel.
- Contribute: consider how engaging in art and horticulture can make you a better world citizen, and how horticultural art be employed to impact the consciousness of the public.
- Make it: figure out the "mechanics" and horticultural challenges required to create a final project, a work of art all your own.
- Studio-option only: Connect with others: collaborate to produce a variety of art forms for private enjoyment and public display.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TGreen Grnhouse Bldg G 170-KPL
Or send this URL: