- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Introduction to biofortification of crop plants for enhancing their nutritional quality and health-promoting properties. The course discusses strategies and breeding methods to modify the contents of micronutrients, vitamins, and phytochemicals,and prebiotics as well as the qualities of proteins and lipids with regard to improving food crops for human nutrition and health.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Students will be able to describe the needs for crop bio-fortification and quality trait improvement.
- Students will be able to explain the scientific bases behind the approaches used for nutritional quality improvement.
- Students will know the current status of development and commercialization of improved crops.
- Students will demonstrate the ability of presentation.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWWarren Hall 113
Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
Or send this URL: