- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Students in the plant sciences often struggle to see the relevance of material they learn in general chemistry to plant biology. The goal of this course is to bridge that gap. Using both active learning in the classroom and online problem sets, students will apply course material from CHEM 1560 to a range of situations covering both basic and applied plant biology.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Corequisite: CHEM 1560.
- Develop an appreciation for the relevance of chemistry to plant biology and to science in general.
- Be comfortable with treating biological problems quantitatively.
- Perform better in their chemistry course because of application of chemistry to situations and examples that are relevant to the students.
- Work together and individually to solve problems for which they do not initially know the answer.
- Think critically and apply the foundations of chemistry in the context of plant biology.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- T Plant Science Building G37
Prerequisites: concurrent registration in CHEM 1560
Disabled for this roster.