- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course is designed to develop a variety of skills needed to develop effective academic presentations. This includes the examination of organizational strategies relative to major speech types, enhancing flow by the use of linking words, design focus on organizing introductions, developing summary outlines, increasing speaker-listener interactions, the use of evidence, strategically qualifying claims and specific pronunciation work including pausing, stress and intonation.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (CA-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will understand and apply overarching concepts such as Audience, Purpose, Organization, Non-Verbal Behaviors, Checking For Understanding and Asking for Questions from the Audience.
- Students will develop the ability to Describe, Explain and Define Academic materials from their field of study or concentration as well as Summarize and/or Critique like materials.
- Students will demonstrate an array of NNLL skills that include Pace and Pauses, Stressed and Unstressed Words and Syllables and Intonation.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- THuman Ecology Building 101
Or send this URL: