- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Cost Accounting and Management Control is a senior seminar focused on managerial decision making and uses of internal accounting data (i.e., revenue and costs; incentive contracts; forecasts; etc.). You will integrate knowledge acquired in your undergraduate accounting courses with that from other courses, readings from current academic and professional literature, and related articles to sharpen skills related to cost assessment, performance evaluation, and managerial control. This course is designed to explicitly consider the role of uncertainty and other statistical issues when making corporate decisions. For the most part, this course is a "selected topics" course; focusing on topics intimately related with managerial decision making.
When Offered Fall.
Comments MPS in Management-Accounting Specialization students only.Outcomes
- Apply economic principles and analytic skills to cost assessment under uncertainty.
- Measure and evaluate costs for decision-making and performance evaluation purposes.
- Develop appropriate financial data for forecasting and decision making.
- Apply alternative performance assessment approaches.
- Recognize the costs and benefits of different cost allocation methods.
- Improve research and communication skills.
Combined with: AEM 4521
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWWarren Hall 101
Meets in Warren 101.***MPS in Management- Accounting Specialization Students Only. MBA students must obtain permission to enroll from MPS-Accounting program director Jack Little (email@example.com)*** Add/Drop Dates: August 15th at 8:00am thru September 5th at 4:00pm. You may add or drop a full semester class after September 5th with permission of the faculty. A late fee of $100.00 will be charged for each add or drop transaction. If you are dropping after October 17th you will also receive a "W" on your transcript in addition to the late fees.
Or send this URL: