- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This studio explores the application of urban design and landscape urbanism techniques to the problems and opportunities of contemporary city making. The studio investigates the social, cultural, natural, and infrastructural systems of urban environments, and develops integrated spatial design strategies involving water quality, public space, and flooding infrastructure. The course introduces three-dimensional computer modeling and digital design media as tools for urban design.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: supplies and fees: approx. $250; required field trip: approx. $50.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate standing or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
Comments Must have a grade of C- or better to advance to next studio in sequence.Outcomes
- Develop a disciplinary literacy through landscape history, theory and contemporary practices.
- Ability to engage landscape as community at urban scales.
- Students shall be able to develop 3-dimensional digital models.
- Students shall be able to collect and assess data related to urban communities.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Kennedy Hall 461
Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Disabled for this roster.