- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Provides students with theoretical insights that will enable them to conduct innovative debates and challenge extant creative strategies. The course considers a topical dilemma that students must respond to using conceptual foundations and methodologies that are bound in studio practice, criticism, education, management and the cultural context of fashion design.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Minimum cost of materials: $250.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 25 students. Priority given to: FSAD majors and transfer students.
- Operate in a self-reflexive way when creating fashion.
- Engage in design by means of an equivalent focus upon spontaneity and a well thought-out ideological standpoint.
- Use analysis and criticism to articulate your perspective.
- Contribute toward a set of principles relating to how fashion is constructed and how meaning is imbued in the designed object.
- Rationalize a theoretical territory.
- Design and construct a fashion object informed by a substantive theoretical perspective.
- Demonstrate an appreciation between trend-based fashion and issue-led fashion.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Human Ecology Building T20
Disabled for this roster.