- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Covers formation and properties of fiber-forming polymers; rubbery, glassy, and crystalline states; and their interconnection. Discusses fiber structure; relationship between chemical structure and physical properties of manufactured and natural fibers; mechanical, thermal, and viscoelastic properties of fibers, and testing methods.
When Offered Fall.
- Understand the basic nature/behavior of polymers and measurement of polymer properties.
- Understand critical polymer properties needed for fiber formation.
- Understand Fiber production, structure and properties of non-commodity fibers.
- Understand the formation of fibers and control of structure and properties.
- Understand various methods of polymer and fibers characterization including mechanical optical and thermal properties.
- Develop critical thinking for problem solving in developing or modifying desired fiber properties.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 151
Disabled for this roster.