- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Designed for students in all FSAD options. Explores the relationship between materials and design with a concentration on the use of innovative textile materials in apparel. Both aesthetic and functional issues are addressed. The course consists of a combination of lecture, discussion of readings, oral reports, a research paper, and project work.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1360 and FSAD 2370.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Understand technical specifications for fibrous materials.
- Select appropriate materials for specific performance requirements.
- Perform basic calculations regarding fiber and fabric properties.
- Learn to present project information graphically in a poster format.
- Perform reverse engineering studies on fibrous materials and propose technical and design solutions to performance issues.
Or send this URL: