- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
The collection course provides opportunity for students to analyze information gathered from previous experiences and in the course to be used as visual meta narrative in the creation of a collection of fashion related objects. Objects must respond to, and satisfy a global design challenge of 'importance'. Using design for clothes, textiles, jewelry, shoes, accessories, photography, film, moving image, blog, fashion forecasting, visual journalism, fashion styling, show direction, or other fashion promotional aspect relating to the fashion industries. The primary ambition of the course is to build a range of high-level skills in the students' chosen sector, medium, or media.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Lab fee: $50.
- Convey an aesthetic that is transferable among different artifact types.
- Produce a collection targeted at distinct market sectors.
- Have opinions about the local and global state of fashion.
- Discuss fashion design beyond visual representation.
- Work with appropriate methods at all stages of design developments.
- Use fabrics, finishes and fittings to achieve a desired intention.
- Conceptualize themes and apply them to big ideas.
- Employ a developmental process ideas that benefits the rich ideas generation.
- Solve challenges.
- Use your personal signature to inspire.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Human Ecology Building T23
Prerequisite: FSAD 3460.
Disabled for this roster.