- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This is a graduate level seminar required of, and limited to, first semester graduate students in the Field of Entomology. The content focusses on professional development skills, including critical reading of scientific literature, oral and written presentation, and grant writing.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: admission to graduate field of Entomology.
- Develop cohesion of the graduate cohort through teamwork and critical, but constructive, peer review.
- To be able to locate cutting-edge scientific literature relevant to the student's research and critically evaluate the methodology, interpretation of results, and presentation.
- To be able to present scientific results and analysis orally and in writing in a persuasive and engaging style.
- To be able to formulate a significant open question in the student's area of research, synthesize the relevant literature, develop a cogent research plan, and write a compelling grant proposal.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Disabled for this roster.