- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course serves as a place where students can come to make Cornell feel smaller, find mutual support in learning to navigate the institution, share experiences with other students who are learning a new environment, and make connections between in and out of class learning experiences. Students will be able to learn from others around them and validate each others' experiences on this shared journey through their first semester at Cornell.
When Offered Fall (weeks 8-14).
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Identify where to seek out high impact learning and leadership opportunities.
- Describe the benefits of taking advantage of these and other non-traditional learning opportunities.
- Demonstrate an increase in help-seeking behaviors.
- Connect different learning experiences into a cohesive narrative.
- Interact with faculty and staff members.
- Identify campus resources and sources of guidance, support, or challenge in clarifying goals and overcoming adversity.
- Examine their own identities and the identities of others in the course.
- Develop an increased sense of belonging in the Cornell community and feel motivated to extend this feeling to others.
- Create a (living) plan for customizing their experiences at Cornell and in the world.
Disabled for this roster.