- Schedule of Classes - December 14, 2017 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 14, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
This course addresses the history and theory of environmental design with an emphasis on the role of design in cultural and technological change. Readings, lectures, discussion, and analytical exercises isolate key projects, methods, and ideas across time periods from classical to 20th Century, encouraging a speculative approach to historical material.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited.
Distribution Category (HA-HE)
- Develop an understanding of key projects, methods, movements, and periods in architecture, interior design and furniture, object design, and art, and the relation of these to their cultural and technological contexts
- Develop a speculative and expansive approach to historical material
- Explore the use of both writing and design in formulating and presenting a thesis or position
Or send this URL: