- Schedule of Classes - December 16, 2017 8:04PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 15, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Much of the worlds' population lives and works in small spaces. This studio explores behaviors and ways in which design responds to micro environments. Inquiry will experiment with issues of commodity, firmness and delight through the tenants of reduction and scale. In reducing one's carbon footprint, how small is too small? Prototypes range from tents and pods to nomadic structures.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Minimum cost of materials: approx. $50 field trip and supplies.
Permission Note Enrollment limited.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 (minimum grades of B-); or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Collect, analyze and report complex information and its significance in a clear and concise manner (write, speak, and use visual communication effectively).
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to develop innovative solutions to wicked design problems (critical thinking; innovative research, design or practice).
- Effectively work in dynamic team situations (work effectively with others).
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWM Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
Prerequisite: Completion of DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 with B- or higher or instructor permission. Cost of materials: approx. $50 for field trips, supplies.
Or send this URL: