- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
General introduction to the fundamental principles of genetics in eukaryotes and bacteria. Topics include gene transmission, linkage, recombination, structure, mutations, and manipulation, as well as analysis of genomes in individuals and populations.
When Offered Fall, spring, summer (eight-week session).
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: NTRES 2830.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
Comments Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade.Outcomes
- Understand and describe basic principles of inheritance, gene expression, and genomic structure in the context of biological evolution.
- Think analytically and creatively about the applications of basic principles of inheritance and gene expression to interpretations of naturally occurring and experimental biological phenomena.
- Understand how genetics provides an experimental approach that can be used to investigate almost any aspect of biology.
- Develop an appreciation that genetics is important to future progress in medical sciences.
- Develop problem solving skills employing logical thought.
Or send this URL: