- Schedule of Classes - December 13, 2017 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 13, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Designed especially for new students, this course aids in transition to CALS and Cornell to improve academic success. Information and skills leading to increased engagement, help seeking behavior, support networks, teamwork, healthy living, resilience and strengths awareness will be emphasized. Through interactive activities, assignments, and a group project students will gain an awareness of academic and career resources to increase their self-awareness and the intersection to the world of work.
When Offered Fall, spring (weeks 1-7).Outcomes
- Students will incorporate the Work Day principle to create calendars as time management tools
- Students will complete StrengthsQuest assessment to recognize and develop natural strengths while at Cornell and in future career.
- Students will learn about networking and complete an informational interview with a faculty member.
- Students will reflect on dealing with adversity, learn of campus resources, and create a personal support network.
- Students will learn about, engage in activities and assignments and demonstrate how to ask questions, effective team participation, and respecting diversity.
- Students will create a professional resume that reflects how they have demonstrated their strengths in past and current experiences.
- Students will learn and demonstrate principles of healthy living.
- Students will ascertain the benefit of reflection to promote continuous learning through the use of regular journaling assignments throughout the course.
Or send this URL: