- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
This course considers the historical evolution and contemporary challenges of social welfare policy in the US. We first examine social welfare provision from historical and comparative perspectives. We then discuss empirical and normative debates surrounding current social policies, considering different perspectives on the role of government in crafting and funding social policy.
- Identify major debates over the provision of social safety net programs in the US.
- Evaluate these debates using comparative and historical perspectives.
- Evaluate evidence on the effects of social safety net policies.
Disabled for this roster.