- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
Project course to research, design, build, develop, and compete with a Formula SAE car for intercollegiate competition. Students work in interdisciplinary teams using concurrent engineering and systems engineering principles applied to complex mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic systems.
When Offered Fall, spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: engineering juniors and seniors or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-UGR)
Comments Three credits for team members, 4 credits for team leaders.Outcomes
- Students will have learned and be able to apply mathematical, engineering, and communication skills and tools. Be able to solve problems, and function in a professional environment. Be able to learn how to learn information not covered in formal courses one has taken.
- Be able to design vehicles that will win the Formula SAE competition. This requires an engineering systems view: consider the customers, requirements, functions, structure and implementation. To learn how to maximize the points the team will win in the competition: trading off cost, time, technology, training, etc.
- Developed an enjoyment of engineering and the team.
- Have created conditions for future teams to be able to win via learning how to utilize engineering research and knowledge engineering.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2-4 Credits Graded(Graded)
Disabled for this roster.