- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
This is a seminar/workshop designed to support student leadership development. Topics include skills related to empathy, mindfulness, self-awareness, self-direction, gender, diversity and identity. Students engage in a number of projects to develop communication skills. Reflective analysis and integrative learning is done using e-Portfolios. The final class project is a video interview of a College Leader.
When Offered Fall.Outcomes
- Demonstrate self-awareness through accurate assessment and understanding of personal strengths and challenges.
- Students will engender a conscious mindfulness that values difference in the thoughts and actions of themselves and others.
- Critically reflect upon the role of cultural assumptions, power, privilege, and existing institutions in framing and determining the learning process.
- When faced with uncertainty, students will demonstrate intellectual and emotional aptitude — a tolerance of ambiguity.
- Students will understand and demonstrate the qualities of empathic listening.
- Demonstrate practice of mindfulness.
- Students exhibit cognitive complexity through creative and reflective thinking.
- Formulate a position/argument about an ethical issue from multiple perspectives; apply to own actions.
- Demonstrate practical competence in communication with to ability express ideas clearly in writing; speak articulately; communicate with others using media as appropriate; work effectively with others.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWM Van Rensselaer Hall 166N
Disabled for this roster.