- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
Designed for students in all FSAD options. Explores the relationship between materials and design with a concentration on the use of innovative textile materials in apparel. Both aesthetic and functional issues are addressed. The course consists of a combination of lecture, discussion of readings, oral reports, a research paper, and project work.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1360 and FSAD 2370.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Understand technical specifications for fibrous materials.
- Select appropriate materials for specific performance requirements.
- Perform basic calculations regarding fiber and fabric properties.
- Learn to present project information graphically in a poster format.
- Perform reverse engineering studies on fibrous materials and propose technical and design solutions to performance issues.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Graded(GRI))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall 166N
Disabled for this roster.