- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
Following completion of the CALS NYS Internship Program 10-week summer internship, students must complete a one-credit course of independent study: DSOC 4201. Students will complete a short research and analysis paper, develop a professional-quality display poster, and give a presentation at an on-campus forum summarizing their experience. The focus of the paper and poster will be the internship host organization, the specific projects the intern worked on at the host organization, the greater socio-demographic and economic community context where the host organization is located, a summary of existing plans and programs linked to youth attraction and retention efforts, recommendations for future activities, and a description of activities the intern was involved in during the summer.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: CALS students who participated in the CALS NYS Internship Program the preceding summer.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Develop skills in preparing professional-grade poster presentations.
- Synthesize information from summer research on community plans and programs with regard to youth attraction ad retention efforts.
- Outline recommended next steps for community plans and programs.
- Reflect and report on how these combined experiences may shape students' approach to future career and community choices.
- Reaffirm community partnerships cultivated during the summer for the next year's interns as well as for on-going personal and professional mentoring opportunities.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
Course is limited to CALS students who participated in the CALS NYS Internship Program the preceding summer.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.