- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
The course is an intensive study trip designed for exposure to a variety of dairy related agricultural production approaches in the country of interest. Topics will include; dairy management, environmental regulations, profitability, related government support programs and the role of the culture's impact on production.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Preference is given to: juniors and seniors in Animal Science/Dairy Management.
Course Attribute (CU-ITL)
Comments The study trip is for 8-10 days and there is a fee. There will be five class meetings prior to the end of the fall semester. There are two courses, ANSC 3560 (fall) and ANSC 3561 (spring). Students must enroll in both ANSC 3560 and ANSC 3561 to receive a final letter grade. Students will receive a placeholder grade (R) in the fall and upon completion of ANSC 3561, the R grade will be replaced with a letter grade.Outcomes
- Students will be able to describe the economics and conditions surrounding milk production and consumer expectations and compare this to the U.S.
- Students will recognize and explain resource limitations for dairy production systems and provide context for that relative to future food production within the structure observed.
- Students will analyze dairy food production systems and contrast that with the U.S. system.
- Describe the impact of government support for agriculture development and compare that with current U.S. policy.
- Gain an appreciation for the diversity of production systems and be able to describe the role agriculture plays in meeting the energy needs of the country and how that integrates with "green energy" policies.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- Oct 12 - Dec 4, 2015
Van Amburgh, M
A placeholder grade of R will be assigned temporarily until the yearlong course is completed. When completed, the R grade will change to a letter grade.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.