- Schedule of Classes - January 19, 2016 6:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 19, 2016 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2015-2016.
The course includes on-campus sessions in the Fall semester that prepare students for an 8-day field trip to work with small business owners in El Rodeito, Honduras. Students will be required to sign up for AEM 3382 in the following Spring semester in order to receive a grade for both AEM 3381 and 3382. In the Fall semester, students will learn about the principles of social entrepreneurship through the use of case studies, class discussion, and guest speakers. In addition, students will learn about specific social, cultural and economic issues of the region. The field trip takes place over the winter term and the projects are designed to strengthen small businesses in the region. Participants will work with a non-profit, Mayor Potencial, whose mission is to improve educational standards and facilities in Latin America, empowering young leaders to transform their home communities. The course is ideal for students interested in hands-on experiences as consultants to entrepreneurial social ventures. Participants are expected to cover part of the costs of the trip. Scholarships are available on a limited basis. Students will receive a placeholder grade (R) in the fall and upon completion of AEM 3382, the R grade will be replaced with an S/U grade.
When Offered Fall, spring (multi-semester).
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL)
- Students will be able to analyze social ventures using entrepreneurial frameworks in a developing world context.
- Students will be able to make practical, actionable recommendations to help small businesses, with awareness of local contexts.
- Students will be able to interact with people of other cultures and ethnicities, with a higher level of self-awareness and empathy.
- Students will be able to articulate the root causes of poverty and the impact of globalization on social ventures.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
17749AEM 3381 LEC 001 Add this class to your Favorites
- MWarren Hall 137
- Oct 12 - Dec 4, 2015
Prerequisites: Permission of Instructor. Fill out the following google doc to request a seat in the class: http://tinyurl.com/aem3381
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.