- Schedule of Classes - January 14, 2015 6:16PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 14, 2015 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Introduction to biofortification of crop plants for enhancing their nutritional quality and health-promoting properties. The course discusses strategies to increase the contents of micronutrients, vitamins, and phytochemicals, as well as the qualities of proteins and lipids with regard to improving food crops for human nutrition and health.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
- Students will be able to describe the needs for crop bio-fortification and quality trait improvement.
- Students will be able to explain the scientific bases behind the approaches used for nutritional quality improvement.
- Students will know the current status of development and commercialization of improved crops.
- Students will demonstrate the ability of presentation.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BIOPL 4070, HORT 4070
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Student Option)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Plant Science Building 143
Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
Disabled for this roster.