- Schedule of Classes - January 14, 2015 6:16PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 14, 2015 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Introduction to devices that add or recover work from fluids such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines and gas expanders and how they are specified and selected for services in the chemical process industries.
When Offered Fall. (Weeks 10-14)
Comments (Module course)Outcomes
- Understand the underlying thermodynamics of each type of equipment covered. (a)
- Understand the deviations from ideal thermodynamic behavior and the reasons for the deviations. (c)
- Awareness of the many mechanical solutions to each particular process requirement and how to best determine the best mechanical solution for the particular service. (c,e,k)
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFOlin Hall 145
- Nov 3 - Dec 5, 2014
Module meets in the final third of the term.
Disabled for this roster.