- Schedule of Classes - January 14, 2015 6:16PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 14, 2015 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Provides first-year students and first-semester transfers in the Agricultural Sciences major with a comprehensive approach to academic planning and career exploration, while developing peer relationships as a cohort. Students engage with field faculty, current students, and alumni through group events. Outcomes include a course plan, strengthened communication/networking skills, goals and action steps for future involvement beyond coursework that inform career planning.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: first-semester freshmen or transfer students in the Agricultural Sciences major; or permission of instructor.
- Plan a tentative course progression in the Agricultural Sciences major that identifies one of the major's five concentrations; incorporating course and CALS requirements (one year for freshmen, full program for transfers) and a list of electives of interest.
- Define academic and professional skills for successful degree completion, job acquisition.
- Demonstrate confidence in communicating with fellow Agricultural Sciences colleagues, whether students or faculty, through participation in group activities, events, and networking opportunities throughout the semester.
- Articulate knowledge of career opportunities across agricultural fields.
- Create a personal toolbox, incorporating self-assessments with individual goals and action steps for academic, extracurricular and career planning.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: CSS 1125
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/UnSat(Satisfactory - Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MEmerson Hall 135
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.