- Schedule of Classes - January 14, 2015 6:16PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 14, 2015 6:21PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
Course is required for completing the Dyson Business Minor for Engineers, but is open to all majors. By participating in a business simulation, students get experience applying key business principles, such as finance, accounting, marketing, economics and management in dynamic marketing settings. Participants make team-based and individual decisions based on imperfect information and aggressive time constraints. Through analysis, coaching and facilitation, the experience leads to learning the ways specific business decisions influence firm performance in a dynamic marketplace.
When Offered Fall, spring. (Weeks 1-7)
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: an Undergraduate Accounting and Finance course. An upper level Financial Accounting course will be accepted. Juniors and Seniors only. If you are concurrently enrolled in one of the two required prerequisite classes, please contact the instructor to request an exception. Students not meeting prerequisites will be dropped.
- Providing practice for decision-making under uncertainty.
- Understanding competitive markets and landscapes.
- Working in diverse teams under time pressure.
- Applying core business principles to a practical setting.
- Integrating theory with practice in terms of business management education.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Graded)
Disabled for this roster.