Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Studies (LGBT)Arts and Sciences

Showing 8 results.

Course descriptions provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.

LGBT 2760

"Language is a skin," the critic Roland Barthes once wrote: "I rub my language against the other. It is as if I had words instead of fingers, or fingers at the tip of my words. My language trembles with ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 4160

Students consider the relationships among colonialism and gender and sexual identity formation in Southeast Asia. Using material from a wide range of fields including anthropology and literature, the course ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 4402

This course will explore how women are portrayed in hip hop music and culture, addressing women both as consumers and producers. We will draw on texts that analyze misogyny in hip hop music and music videos, ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 4425

This course takes as its main cases narrative and visual representations of sexuality and desire in Thailand—as well as in the global imaginary of the country— and investigates these in regional ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 6160

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 6472

In June 2013, in the space of a week, the Supreme Court ruled on affirmative action, the legacy of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). While the first two decisions ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

LGBT 6553

Instruction is a sensual experience with innumerable orientations: teaching, learning, analyzing, interrogating, suspecting, lecturing, suggesting, introducing, initiating, mentoring, indoctrinating, ... view course details

View Enrollment Information

• Enrollment Information
    Combined with: ENGL 6553

• 4 Credits Stdnt Opt

LGBT 6625

View Enrollment Information